Furthermore, regarding the interface „Digitalization of the Energy Industry“, we give advice to information technology providers and users from all areas along the energy value chain, e.g. with energy generation and storage, the energy transfer, the metrology and the distribution and marketing to ensure the success of the progressive digitalization for all parties.
We also advise communities and municipial associations which consider a re-municipalization of the energy supply.
Our experienced team provides comprehensive advice from a single source and is at our clients’ disposal regarding all relevant legal matters and questions. Our team has access to an international network of experienced colleagues from the respective jurisdiction who are consulted for the support of international projects.
Our clients benefit from the diversity of our team. The team unites extensive experience in advising companies of the energy industry and information technology as well as institutional Investors.
Legal services on which we focus include:
- Support, due diligence, advice and contract design within national and international energy projects, especially in the development, the construction as well as the resale of renewable energy projects.
- Preparation and negotiation of industry-specific contracts, e.g.:
- component purchasing agreements
- license agreements
- project financing and collateral agreements
- O&M agreements
- cooperation agreements
- real estate agreements
- share- and asset deal agreements, including due diligence process
- All about land & soil
- property and land use agreements
- private building law
- public planning and building law
- procurement law
- Advice of component producers from the renewable energies sector as well as legal design of their sales activities and the after-sales
- Support and advice of companies in participating in tendering procedure pursuant to EEG
- Protection and use of information technologies and development results within the research and development cooperation as well as manufacturing, marketing and sale agreements in connection with the digitalization in the energy industry
- Advice on data protection compliant design of sales and marketing activities in national and international business transactions of energy providers
- Contract design and advice on the development, the sale and marketing of mobile apps for the energy industry
- Advice on the data protection compliant design of sale and marketing activities within the national and international business transactions of energy suppliers
- Advice on the legal compliant obtaining and documentation of data protection consents, especially by designing respective processes, e.g. registration on websites or mobile apps for generating customer loyalty of energy service providers
- Preparation of data privacy statements
- Preparation of agreements for order data processing
- Advice on the re-municipalization of energy distribution networks and founding of municipal utilities
- Contract design and advice on alternative investment funds pursuant to German Capital Investment Code (KAGB)